A father, husband and small business owner, Ryan Boylston has the real world experience we need on the City Commission
- I am a second generation Floridian, and have resided in Delray Beach for over 13 years.
- My Father is a local police officer, and my Grandfather was a local fire chief.
- My Mother has worked for JM Family Enterprises in South Florida for over 30 years.
- I was the first in my family to graduate from college – University of Central Florida, 2005.
The Husband & Father
- I have been married for 10 years to my beautiful wife, Cassidee, who teaches 2nd grade at our nearby public elementary school – Plumosa School of the Arts.
- We have three awesome children. Preston (8yrs), Elliott (1.5yrs) and Madelyn (5m). Preston attends Plumosa Elementary and represents our city on the AC Delray soccer team.
- Our weekends are filled with swimming, trips to the beach, sports, tree house building, and spending time in our community.
- I created my business, Woo Creative, in 2012 while working in a quiet room 215 at the Delray Beach Library. Today we are a ten person firm working on Atlantic Avenue. A few of the local brands we have helped craft are Old School Square, 100ft Christmas Tree, Delray Beach Open, Arts Garage, Pineapple Grove, and Atlantic Community High School.
- Also in 2012, I Co-Founded the Delray Beach Newspaper. Then known as “The Pineapple.” Today, our media company, is a small six person operation that publishes both the Delray Newspaper and Boca Newspaper.
- In 2016, in order to establish Delray Beach’s first collaborative co-working space, I dedicated 800 sq feet of our office. Nine Delray Beach startups utilize this space everyday to continue growing their business.
- Recently, I have launched a consumer product called Incredibrella. This is a new take on the umbrella concept – and is exclusively available through Amazon Prime.
The Civic Leader
- Pineapple Grove Arts District Board 2010-2015 – Served as Vice Chair
- Introduced first golf cart parking space in Downtown Delray Beach
- Developed “I am Pineapple Grove” banner campaign
- Downtown Development Authority Board 2011-2017 – Served two terms. Final year as Chair (appointed by Commissioner Adam Frankel)
- Spearheaded multi-year plan to reorganize budget to allocate marketing funds towards infrastructure.
- Made motion to reorganize staff, which saved money and expanded the DDA team from 2 to 3 associates.
- Lead website redevelopment committee for entire downtown
- Championed downtown Safety Ambassador pilot program
- Completed 2020 Strategic Plan
- Plumosa School of the Arts Foundation Board 2014-Present – Serving second year as Chairman
- Spearheaded strategic planning year
- My firm Woo Creative donated complete rebranding including logo, uniform design, print materials and website.
- Allstar Smiles Foundation Board Member 2017-Present
- Education Board of Delray Beach 2017-present – (appointed by Commissioner Mitch Katz)
- Voted head of Education Master Plan Committee
- Vision 2020 | Future with History Committee Member – 2012
- One of twenty individuals to be selected to help craft a plan for Delray Beach’s future.
- Co-Hosts Delray Morning Live – a weekly 30 minute Facebook Live show all about Delray Beach.
- Hosts 1Million Cups, Delray Beach – a monthly speaker series downtown that brings the “startup” community together.
- First Delray Beach company (and first small business) to win South Florida Business Journal’s Coolest Office Award.
- 2017 Stiletto Race Champion
- Two time Delray Beach Bed Race Champion
- Second only to the Mayor in dunk tank fundraising
- This year will be the 4th Annual Screen on the Green community event and toy drive. An event Ryan founded and produces every year.
- Donated uniform designs for Atlantic High School’s Football Team 5 years running. Inaugural design was nationally covered. “Local Florida high school out-Oregon’s Oregon with new uniform design.”